Sunday 4 February 2018

My Secret Garden


Todays card includes some different techniques, I suppose you could say some alternative techniques. 
I have used the Creative Expressions Ivy Garden die set, the detail is, as always, quite superb. Instead of simply cutting the ivy corners out and sticking them straight down, I have 'quilted' them.

Using double sided adhesive sheets, I have cut the corners from a white piece of card and then again from the olive card. With the adhesive sheet behind, I have simply embedded the green ivy into the space left on the white card. Gives a lovely effect.


So many crafters have issues with colouring stamped images. To overcome this with the Secret Garden stamp, I have simply stamped it three times. Twice with Perfect Medium onto white card and embossing with Detail Gold embossing Powder and then, using black ink, onto a piece of the Olive Lustre card. I have then paper pieced the flowers and bird house. Finally, I have cut another ivy corner out and chopped it about a bit and placed randomly on the image


Kit available in February here Maximumcraft Monthly card kit 

1 comment:

Sunset in Africa

Sunset In Africa I really enjoyed making this card, its so different and yet quite simple to achieve with the combination of the ...