Sunday 11 November 2018

Sunset in Africa


Sunset In Africa


I really enjoyed making this card, its so different and yet quite simple to achieve with the combination of the die sets that have been used.

I started with a piece of Ivory Foundation card and cut this to 19cm x 19cm. Using That Special Touch Mask - Crackle, I place it in each corner and using a stipple brush, added Distress Ink in Spiced Marmalade, Tea Dye and Wild Honey which gave the effect of the giraffe hide.

For the frame, I chose the Classic Adorned Hexagon die set and added foam tape to the back of the outer frame to give a depth to the card

Once that was done, I could then see where I wanted the 'Sun' to be. I cut a circle out from scrap card and used removable tape to attach in the centre of the framed area and using the same Distress ink colours and the stipple brush, built up the 'sky'. I removed the circle and swished the brush over the sun a few times to blend it in.


The Safari Collection has a selection of African Animals in one set and then the landscape dies and sentiments in the other set. There is also a matching stamp set for the animals but I didn't want to use them in this project. The detail on the animals is incredible and well worthwhile to run the die through twice to emboss the details, makes all the difference as you can see in this photo

This card is a perfect 'manly' card but equally suitable for animal lovers of any age for any occasion
 

All items available on the website here Maximumcrafts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunset in Africa

Sunset In Africa I really enjoyed making this card, its so different and yet quite simple to achieve with the combination of the ...