Sunday 3 July 2016

Its not just for Christmas!




The brand new Festive Collection of dies by Sue Wilson was launched just over a week ago and there are some beauties amongst them! Even though, I cant help but feel that July is still a tad too early to be thinking of Christmas but that still doesnt stop me from trying out some of the new stash.
So I have teamed Ray of Light with Aurora Star to make a normal birthday card.

I cut the Ray of Light out twice, once in Black card stock and then again in Bright Gold Foundation cardstock slightly off setting the two to give the illusion of shadow. The outer die from the Aurora Star die was used to cut out a black star and then the good old favourite, Pierced Flag die set, was used for the fabulous sentiment banner. A flourish of black Dazzler setting and black pearls peppered along the rays finished off the very simple card
  
Finally I just wanted to highlight the beautiful detail from the Ray of Light die as shown in the last photo. The embossed lines down each ray ends with a delightful flurry of debossed speckles, so effective and not just for Christmas

Recipe used today
Ray of Light die
Aurora Star die
Pierced Flags die
Elegant sentiments stamp set
Self Adhesive Black pearls
Embellishment from CE
Foundation card stock - Bright Gold, Black and Milk

all available from Maximumcrafts


5 comments:

  1. Love it. Didn't think I wanted the Ray die, but.......!!! Add it to the list then. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So delicious... And tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So delicious... And tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I saw the other Christmas card with the he Ray die to tempt me. Now I have another good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is simply stunning Maxine. The black and gold give it such a dramatic effect. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Sunset in Africa

Sunset In Africa I really enjoyed making this card, its so different and yet quite simple to achieve with the combination of the ...